Terms of Service
I prefer plain English to incomprehensible legal speak, so I have tried to write these terms of service to be as understandable as possible. If you have any questions, please just get in touch.
- Our websites are usually made using the Divi theme. Using this theme drastically speeds up the design process. It does mean, however, that certain aspects of your website will not be completely unique. If you are looking for a completely bespoke website, we might not be what you’re looking for.
- We certify that any stock photography, icons and graphics that we use on your website will have the proper licence. We use either royalty free images, or images from websites where we have a subscription. We will never knowingly use copyright material. If you spot copyright material on any of our websites, please submit proof and we will remove it immediately.
- You certify that any photos or graphics you request to be on your website is suitable for commercial use.
- We want you to be satisfied with your website, and so we do not place a cap on the number of changes you can request during the design phase. However, eventually we may decide we are not the right web design company for you, and terminate the agreement. Highland Speed Web reserves the right to enact this termination at any time, without consequence.
- A smooth web design process relies on timely, reliable communication between designer and client. If we feel the project is being hindered by slow client communication, we reserve the right to terminate the project.
- The price you pay for a website is £30 per month. We only accept payment via standing order, using GoCardless. Payment should be made on the same day of each month. If payment is not made, we reserve the right to take your website offline until you pay the required amount.
- We guarantee not to increase the price of your service for a period of 2 years after you make the first payment. AKA no unexpected price hikes.
- Should you wish to cancel your service, please email us at email@example.com – your website will be taken offline and you can cancel your standing order.
- We reserve the right to cancel your subscription at any point, including during the design phase. If you already have a completed website online, you will be sent a copy of all necessary website files, and asked to find an alternative host.
- We will never claim ownership of any part of your website. Your website belongs to you, including any graphics, text, blog posts, etc.
- We will never claim ownership of your domain name, nor withhold it for any reason. The domain name will be registered under your name.
- If a problem arises with your website through no fault of your own, it is the responsibility of Highland Speed Web to implement a fix. This can sometimes happen as the WordPress core and plugins get updated.
- You are free to make any change you would like to your website. However, Highland Speed Web will not be held responsible for any unforeseen consequences of the work you carry out. If work is required to fix your website, you will be charged at a reasonable hourly rate.
THE SERVICES AND THE WORK PRODUCT OF DESIGNER ARE SOLD “AS IS.” IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF DESIGNER, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DESIGN AGENTS AND AFFILIATES (“DESIGNER PARTIES”), TO CLIENT FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND CLIENT’S MAXIMUM REMEDY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE NET PROFIT OF DESIGNER. IN NO EVENT SHALL DESIGNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST DATA OR CONTENT, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY DESIGNER, EVEN IF DESIGNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.